I’m here on a trip today, writing from my hotel lobby with Cooper by my
And today, I wanted to give you some of the things that Entrepreneurs
That in hindsight, they may think is silly or “dumb”.
Hindsight is 20:20 and…
You can’t always flick your fingers and make mountains move to change
Yet… I thought it would be super helpful for you today 🙂
Here we go!
40 Dumb Things Entrepreneurs Do…
- Hire too early, or hire too late.
- Take forever to make up their mind about something– hesitation
- Under value or over value team members
- Under value or over value someone who’s done something before.
- Follow advice of others that have only done something 1-time…
sorry, you might be following a 1-trick-pony.
- Don’t have automated marketing
- Don’t have a projection document, for at least the next 90 days of
expenses and revenue.
- Don’t have monthly recurring revenue or payment plans, so each month
they start at $0
- Only have 1 traffic source for leads
- Don’t outsource and delegate what they suck at because they can’t
trust themselves or others
- Go into their main business with their significant other (Legit less
than 10% success rate)
- Use their business as a means for personal development instead of
- Think profit is dirty
- Make choices on finances based on what’s in the bank, instead of
actually thinking about it logically (or like an investor)
- Thinking that social media will fix the fact that what they offer
- Not taking customer feedback seriously– your customers aren’t
- Listening to people in the comment section on Facebook– those
people are probably broke and 39 living with their mom.
- Ignore the parts of your business that you don’t like, hoping they
don’t come up
- Not planning for taxes (as if they don’t happen or something?)
- Not having life insurance, critical life insurance or disability
- Be afraid of making mistakes (as if you’re trying to get acceptance
from your mom)
- Be afraid of success
- Don’t track their numbers… I mean… none of them.
- Spend more money and time getting new customers vs. taking care of
your current customers.
- Get their best business ideas from a Facebook Group… chances are,
someone in their is trying to sell you
- Not taking enough time to just be in stillness, meditate or do some
level of not doing… your best ideas come from being, not doing.
- Being on every social media platform because you have fOMO even tho
you have no budget or time to do so.
- Comparing yourself from other entrepreneurs on the feed… unfollow
anyone you do this with
- Not making friends because you’re scared of being judged.
- Being afraid of letting go of people in your life, even though, you
know you need too.
- Being afraid of how you’re being seen to people or what people care
about (sorry– but people are too obsessed with themselves to actually
- Spending 10x the amount of time to do 10x less work because you
- Not seeing the invisible ROI in everything, even if it wasn’t what
- Trying to save money like the 99% who have jobs…
- Not realizing that you’re at the right time and place and that
you’re probably not as amazing as you think you are
- Investing in anything has a massive ROI… because you believed in
yourself enough to take action on something, most never do this.
- Not taking time to be grateful and appreciate yourself.
- Not investing in enough time or money into understanding your own
mind and how things work so you can change your mind and beliefs.
- Holding onto beliefs too closely.
- Holding onto who you “are” instead of having an identity that is
I could keep going… forever…
Change what you do
by changing what you think 🙂